Dear Valued Guest,
We are experiencing very unusual, fearful and challenging times. It seems that every day, news of the coronavirus becomes more concerning and real. ElDF has been your neighbor since 2006 and you’ve come to trust us. We hold that trust sacred. It is always our top priority to provide the best possible service in our restaurant, as well as ensure the health and safety of our guests, employees and our community. That’s why we’re writing to you today. We want you to know that we are working hard to keep you safe. We pride ourselves on serving delicious food in a sanitary, safe environment, always.
Recently, we have doubled our efforts to help protect us all.
Here’s what we’re doing:
• Stepping up our hand-washing protocal at all times
• Increasing the frequency of sanitizing our public areas, including door handles,
counter tops, tabletops, restrooms & register areas
• Communicating enhanced sanitation protocals to our employees
• Clearly monitoring developments concerning Coronavirus from respected sources such
as the Centers for Disease Control and Prevention (CDC), World Health Organization (WHO)
as well as local and state health officials
• Making real-time adjustments regarding the safest and best way to conduct business to
ensure the safety of our dining guests and our employees
• We have directed our employees to take the preventative actions recommended by the
Centers for Disease Control and Prevention (CDC) to stay healthy and to stay home if they
are not feeling well.
What we encourage our guests to do:
• Wash your hands frequently and use a paper towel to dry
• Avoid touching eyes, nose & mouth
• Avoid close contact with people who are sick
• Stay home when you are sick
• Cover your nose and mouth when you cough or sneeze with a tissue, and then dispose
of the tissue
Again, your health and safety, as well as that of our employees, guide everything we do at ElDF. We appreciate your loyalty and look forward to seeing you again and again.
The Yañez family